What is UQ Rentals?
UQ Rentals is a website featuring vacant rooms and properties that are suitable for UQ students. Owners, landlords, real estate agents and students use the site to advertise their vacancy.
What are the benefits to students?
- Accommodation Services manages UQ Rentals and ensures that all Landlord and Agents are compliant with RTA legislation before approving their listings.
- Your listing will show where your property is located on a map of Brisbane and indicates how far from each UQ campus the property is.
- Your listing will also have ‘Street View’, allowing students the opportunity to view the outside of the property and the surroundings.
- Students can search for specific types of accommodation, certain suburbs, and lease duration and room type to fit their needs.
What are the benefits to accommodation providers?
- Over 45,000 students have access.
- Only approved students and staff have access to UQ Rentals and to providers’ contact details.
- It is free to register and there are no charges for any listings; listings stay active for 4 weeks and can be relisted free of charge.
- UQ Rentals gives you the opportunity to provide in-depth information about your property, along with images and location information.
- UQ Rentals keeps track of how many times your listing has been viewed.
- Accommodation providers can remove their listing once it has become occupied.
How do I register with UQ Rentals as an accommodation provider?
Registering is quick and easy;
- Visit www.uqrentals.com.au
- Select the ‘Register’ tab under the ‘Accommodation providers’ heading.
- Provide an e-mail address and choose a password
- Create your listing!
- Current Students & UQ Staff: please use your UQ Login to register.
- Future Students: once you have accepted your offer (and paid any necessary fees), you will be issued with a UQ Login which will allow you to register as a current student. When possible please wait for this login to be issued in order to access UQ Rentals, otherwise, please register here, and forward us your Confirmation of Enrollment document.
- Accommodation providers: please register to access the website.
What information should I include in my listing?
You should include as much information as possible, in order to give students the best understanding of what your property is like.
Your listing needs to provide clear, accurate information on the following:
- how many rooms are vacant within the property,
- the rental price of each room,
- the size of the rooms,
- whether the property is furnished or unfurnished,
- the length of the lease, and
- the location of the property and details of local amenities, particularly public transport links.
Listings which include photographs will have a priority in the order of listings. You can include as many photos as you like; this will provide potential tenants with a good understanding of the property.
If you require further information about UQ Rentals, please call 3346 8478 or e-mail email@example.com
Our Top Tips for House-Hunting:
- Never sign up for a property that you haven't inspected
- Take some time to consider a few different suburbs - prices, size & quality may vary with location
- Ensure you understand all of the tenancy documentation before you sign anything
- Try to meet all of the house-mates before moving into a share-house if possible
- If you are new to renting make sure you attend an Accommodation Information Session